We are delighted to announce that Bassett House School has been awarded the prestigious Association for Physical Education (AfPE) Quality Mark. This national award is a highly sought accreditation after and is an externally assessed evaluation including a school visit by one of the AfPE’s Validation Team of highly qualified school improvement professionals.
The AfPE validator and assessing panel were highly impressed with the school’s PE and Sport curriculum approaches, and the impact on teaching and learning for pupils.
The validator highlighted the following reasons for the award:
- Planning is systematic and child centred and growth mindset is at the core of learning in the school
- All children make good progress and 100% of KS2 have represented the school in an inter school event
- Physical Education, School Sport and Physical Activity is at the heart of school life. From before, during and after the school day
- The curriculum is broad and balanced and underpinned by NCPE
- A determination and commitment to provide lifelong love of physical activity underpins both the curriculum and wider curriculum through the creative use of local facilities, and is well supported by staff and SLT.
We are very proud of our school’s success which was shared in a report submitted by AfPE to the Department for Education (DfE).